Follow me @KraftyKellzster

Follow me on Instagram: @KraftyKellzster

Friday, August 9, 2013

DIY: Lilly Pulitzer Push-Pins

HAPPY FRIDAY! What a better way to start the weekend than doing some crafting?!

Earlier this week, I put a picture of my Lilly Pulitzer Push-Pins on Instagram and a couple of people requested a tutorial. Unlike the first DIY post, I am trying out a step by step procedure using mainly pictures.  Let me know which format you like better! I can also incorporate both and still add written instructions in addition to the pictures.

First, here are all of the supplies you will be needing:


Some of the materials I already had at my place, such as the pencil, scissors, modge podge, thumbtacks, and foam brush.

Here are the products I bought from Joann's:
1) Clear Flat Glass Marbles- $2.49
2) Low Temp Mini Glue Gun- $4.99
3) Low Temp Glue Gun Stick Refills- $2.99

Total: $10.47

Joann's was having a special where if you had a student ID you received 20% off your purchase, so my total ended up being: $8.38 before tax!

Keep in mind that it's important that these flat glass marbles are CLEAR when you look through them.  Mine looked clear, but after I got home and opened them, I noticed that more than half of them had a glossy or scratched bottom which made it difficult to see the picture.  I then had to go through one by one and pick out the gems that were decent enough to see through.  With that being said, I advise that you make sure you can see straight through your gems!

Now let's start crafting!



And that's it! Sweet and simple, just how I like my crafts :)

I also received a comment from someone on Instargam asking if you could make these into earrings. These gems aren't all that heavy so I am going to look into that in the near future.  I really hope all of you enjoyed this easy DIY. Please let me know if any steps are unclear from the pictures and I'd be more than happy to help you out.  Also, like usual, if you give these push-pins a try, please take a picture of your final product and tag me on it on instagram @KraftyKellzster!  Have a fantastic Friday!!!

1 comment: